Who would have thought that the event of the year would be one conducted entirely online? And yet here we are, looking back at Virtual Ascend 2020 as the rousing success it was! With nearly 2,000 travel advisors in attendance, close to 300 suppliers on the scene, and 149 members of the media on our boardwalk, this far surpassed anything that would have been possible IRL … along with our schedule of events.
To call our roster of development sessions “ambitious” would be an understatement, but when it comes to our travel partners, we wanted to make sure we pulled all of the stops. Not only did we tap into our hivemind of agents to find out what questions were burning hot, we addressed them in panels, interactive workshops, and special events.
However, with so much to cover, inevitably, some attendees may have missed some of the sessions they were hoping to attend. But another benefit of taking Ascend online is that we were able to record our workshops for on-demand access afterwards.
ALGV is working hard to get them all up on our exclusive hub in VAX VacationAccess, but in the meantime, here are some of the topics you’ll be able to catch up on:
- What Now? Finding Post-Pandemic Possibilities with Mike Rayburn
- Adapting Your Business to Today’s Market & Mindset with Scott Wiseman
- Social Media in 2020: A Beginner Course with Alina Romero
- Why Resilience May Be Your Most Important Asset with David Pritchard
- Back to Basics with VAX VacationAccess with Ben Recob
- Reinventing the Travel Agent Value Proposition with Anna Maria Addesso
- Social Media in a Pandemic: More Advanced Strategies with Kate Heath
- Get off the Phone! – When You Do and Don’t Need to Call In with Ben Recob
- Backing Small Business Against Big Government with Zane Kerby
- Matching Fees to Unmatched Service with Kathy Mehring
- Discover What’s New With Iberostar with Michele Bauer
- Find Your Direction with The Compass on VAX with Andrea Sedlacek
- Learn More, Earn More with AMResorts: What’s New & Hot at AMResorts! With Matt Brightman, Mary Jo Salas, Tonya Joyce
- The Rule of Three with TPP with Ben Recob and Kerri Loduha
- Come Back to Paradise with Riu Hotels & Resorts with Hugo Aguilera
- Hawai’i Update with the Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau with Alexandra Roth
And that’s not even including the virtual FAMs and special sponsored events, such as The Variety Show by Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts; The Bourne Stuntatcular: Behind the Scenes with Universal Orlando Resort; Hotel Xcaret Mexico: A Virtual In-Home Dining Experience; and RIU’s It’s Cooking Time!
So if your FOMO had you regretting being unable to make one session or another, there’s no need to fret. As usual, ALGV has you covered because ALGV Gives You MORE.
Keep an eye out for the official launch of our Ascend workshop portal on VAX VacationAccess!