Ready for this Saturday? Double-check to see!
We made it! The week of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and—as important to American culture as the lead-in national holiday itself—Small Business Saturday. The one day of the year we consciously celebrate the moms and pops this country is built on and thank them by shopping small.
At ALG Vacations™, we’ve been saying all month to “Shop local. Travel global.” In fact, we’ve said it long before now, and we’re proud to continue saying that far beyond this Saturday. And now we want to make sure you’re prepared to keep that momentum going along with us.
As we go into the weekend, make sure you’ve taken care of the following things:
- Watched this video on how to leverage ALGV360⁰, the ALG Vacations™ marketing library—free for advisors!
- Caught up on the latest marketing and sales workshops on our Ascend 2020 Content Lounge
- Downloaded and used the ALGV360⁰ Small Business Saturday Zoom background and other matching collateral
- Brushed up on important supplementary offerings and product, such as our Travel Protection Plan, which will allow them to keep rebooking; lower deposits for certain brands with TPP; TripTrust™ for added verification of safety; and Uplift Pay Monthly for payment flexibility
- Prepared sale materials and ready recommendations for clients, including ALGV’s Black Fri-Yay sale and Steal of a Deal, which you can also download from ALGV360⁰
- Made a plan for organizing and following up with any leads generated this weekend
- Like and shared Small Business Saturday posts from ALGV, Travel Impressions, Funjet Vacations, Apple Vacations, and Blue Sky Tours
- Liked and shared Small Business Saturday posts from other local businesses in your area
- Reached out to neighboring small businesses about referring one another and sharing each other’s posts and Stories on social media
- Began following your local town, Chamber of Commerce, village, or neighborhoods’ official social media accounts
- Joined a couple of community Facebook groups and began engaging there
- Responded to direct messages, comments, and questions on your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts to continue conversations
- Tagged and hashtagged your posts appropriately
- Tried out at least two forms of video chat or online conferencing platforms, enough to feel comfortable
Although these COVID conditions may be “unprecedented,” we’ve been trying to provide you with the support you need to nail it this weekend. We hope we were able to do so with the above guidelines, and that you were able to implement some in your Small Business Saturday strategy.
Need a reference? Check out the previous posts in our Small Business Saturdays toolkit for 2020 on TravelBlogue here: