If you have to isolate before re-entry to the U.S., these posh resorts offering free 14-day quarantine stays have got you covered.
Editor’s Note: ALG Vacations™ takes COVID-19 incredibly seriously and obviously does NOT condone engaging in risky behavior for any reason; we are NOT encouraging guests to find ways to extend their stay at the potential cost of their health. This article is strictly to help advisors and their customers understand that Plan Bs are in place for worst-case scenarios, and share a silver lining for those who may test positive and are hopefully asymptomatic.
Please know that our supplier partners are actively taking the most strictest of measures to comply with and exceed CDC and WHO guidelines, including social distancing, lower capacity, contact-minimal service, ramped up sanitation, and other important new rules designed for guest and employee safety.
The dust has settled a little since the new CDC regulation requiring those entering the United States test negative for COVID-19 within three days of re-entry, and we’ve been diligently tracking all the movement for you on our CDC Update page for travel advisors. If you’ve been on that site, you’ll know that one of the most commonly accessed sections has been our hotel and destination grids, both of which provide quick down-and-dirty easy references that answers what properties where are doing what. (Sorry; we know that’s a confusing sentence; don’t worry—we’ll wait while you reread it!)
Of course, while your first focus is on where antigen testing is included with your visit, one thing you may have noticed is a column dedicated to quarantine stays. A lot of folks are worried about what happens if they test positive in the days before their flight. They want to know if they’ll be without lodging, food, or resources. They’re concerned about how much a positive test could cost them if they are barred from entering the U.S.
The good news is that a lot of our supplier partners across Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America have been working with us to allay those fears, generously offering up to 14 days of room and board to quarantined travelers at no extra cost. Which makes turning lemons into some pretty sweet lemonade pretty much instantaneous, as guests will suddenly be treated for up to two additional weeks of vacation at their favorite all-inclusive resort.
Here’s where you can have an extended quarantine-cation, catered to in the lap of luxury and service, on the house, in alphabetical order (not destination) for easy parsing:
- Azul Beach Negril, Riviera Cancun
- Breathless Cabo San Lucas, Montego Bay, Punta Cana, and Riviera Cancun
- Couples Negril, San Souci, Swept Away, Tower Isle
- Dreams Acapulco, Curacao, Dominicus, Huatulco, Las Mareas, Los Cabos, Macao, Natura, Palm Beach, Playa Bonita Panama, Playa Mujeres, Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana, Riviera Cancun, Royal Beach, Sands Cancun, Tulum, Billamagna, Vista Cancun
- El Dorado Casitas, Royale, Seaside
- Generations Riviera Maya
- Grand Oasis Cancun, Palm
- The Grand Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
- Grand Park Royal Cancun, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta
- Grand Sirenis Punta Cana, Riviera Maya
- Haven Riviera Cancun
- Hedonism, Jamaica
- Hidden Beach Resort, Riviera Maya
- Hotel Xcaret, Cancun/Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Coral Level at Iberostar Selection Bavaro and Cancun, Costa Dorada, Cozumel, Dominicana, Grand Bavaro, Grand Rose Hall, Paraiso Beach, Paraiso del Mar, Punta Cana, Rose Hall Suites, Selection Bavaro, Selection Cancun, Selection Hacienda Dominicus, Selection Paraiso Lindo, Selection Paraiso Maya, Selection Playa Mita, Selection Rose Hall Suites, Tucan, Quetzal
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
- Margaritaville Riivera Cancun
- ME Cabo
- Meliá Caribe Beach, Cozumel, Punta Cana Beach, Puerto Vallarta
- Nickelodeon Punta Cana
- Now Amber, Emerald Cancun, Jade Riviera Cancun, Onyx Piunta Cana, Sapphire Riviera Cancun
- Oasis Palm
- Palmaia – The House of AiA
- Paradisus Cancun, Los Cabos, Palma Real, Playa del Carmen, Punta Cana
- Park Royal Beach Acapulco, Cancun, Huatulco, Ixtapa, Mazatlan
- The Pyramid at Grand Oasis Cancun
- The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
- Sandos Cancun, Caracol Eco Resort, Finisterra, Playacar
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Cap Cana, Riviera Cancun, Huatulco, Maroma Beach, Papagayo, Playa Mujeres, Puerto Los Cabos, Royal Beach, St. James, St. Martin, The Vine Cancun, Vallarta Bay, Wild Orchid
- Sensatori Punta Cana
- Solaris: Solaris, GR Caribe by Solaris, Royal Solaris Cancun and Los Cabos
- Sunscape Akumal, Curacao, Dorado Pacifico, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Sabor
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana, Montego Bay, Paraiso de la Bonita, Villa Rolandi
Don’t forget, ALGV’s Travel Protection Plan with Cancel for Any Reason coverage now also comes with up to $3,000 in during-travel trip delay insurance. That’s an increase of $2,500 that the brand is shouldering to give your customers one less thing to worry about at no additional cost. Plus, your customers may be eligible for our Low Deposit Policy when they add on this travel essential.
Find out what else we include in our Travel Advisor CDC Regulations toolkit by reading this!